Saturday, June 9, 2012

Re-Fresh.





It's so weird that there were 2 security guys outside of the building and check your id.


Talking about my memories of Gay life in Taipei, "Fresh" definitely is one of the big 

scene in my life experience. I like the weird atmosphere, a bit tacky interior design, but 

quiet cool at some point - at least not pretentious. Also my favorite part is they got 4 

floors, and you can just hide it anywhere you want.


But "Fresh" finally closed down 2 months ago, after 10 years anniversary. They change

the owner and the whole interior design, "Re-Fresh" had a grand opening last night.


Mm, how do I think about "Re-Fresh"? It's a whole new experience. Basically they still 

have the same layout like what old Fresh does, second floor is a bar, then third floor is

a dance floor, out door area on the roof top. But they put the shower show and go go 

boys as their new selling point, and trying to discover the whole new group of the 

costumers. Everybody knows the old Fresh was a meat market, so apparently 

"Re-Fresh" want to focus on main stream gay culture, you know, A&F kind of guys.


The drinks was ok, could be better. Bartenders are hot for sure, you don't usually see 

shirtless bartenders in Taipei, not even in any gay clubs I know; Since Taipei is one of 

the most gay friendly city, I think Re-Fresh is trying to build up a new standard of the 

gay night life in Taipei, which is surely a good thing. The only thing I'm worry about is, 

maybe 800NTD for the entrance with 2 drinks is a little bit much, what do you think?


I'd love to check it out again when there's no one there. :)

*Re-Fresh's FB page:

No comments:

Post a Comment