So first of all, this is my little tribute to the 90's:
I don't know how I start having this idea in mind to write an article about 90's -
the very introverted but the generation for all the great explosion - that's what I wil
describe my 90's, even I was born in the early 80's but I was too young to understand
what is rock'n'roll anyway.
The precious part of my 90's memorie is, confusion. From should you keep your tape
player or go buy a new CD player, until the date you gonna go to the college entrance
examination. You're confused from all "this and that" shits, at least for Taiwanese kids.
The education system is changing, the world is changing, internet step into the our life,
no more letter in the bottle, no more post card pen pal. It's the generation of a lot of
stress going on but all you can do just get over it. Anyway I love 90's.
So I think I should choose some songs I love about the 90's, then I can trying to put
myself together to find out what kind of reason to bring me to this fucked-up way and
become who I am now, lol
1.Garbage-Stupid Girl
I can't tell you how much I love this band, but I bet you already find out how often the
name of "Garbage" showed up in my blog. It was 1996 when I first saw their video,
which is this one, "Stupid Girl". The pink feather scarf and smokey eyes, what else can
be better than a ginger woman shouting out "stupid girl" and show her tits on VH1,
refused to apology next day. Oh Shirley Manson, I'll totally turn my sex orientation just
for you.
2.Madonna - Ray Of Light
Tell me a gay boy who doesn't like Madonna, I bet it's rarely to find there's someone
actually exist on this planet. Madonna is not only an icon, for me she's a religion. I
remember when the very first time I heard this song, I just ran to the record shop to buy
the tape, and trying to arrange a dance choreography for the junior high school talent
show. And in the end my tape was totally destroy but keep on repeating this song, and
I wait until 2005 to get the CD of "Ray of light". I was flying.
3.Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
The Bodyguard, oh The BODYGUARD, the last good movie Kevin Costner ever
done in his life - remember "Waterworld"? Actually I like Dolly Parton's original version
better, but you can't den Whitney Houston was born to be a legend. And this is also
the very first time I can actually hear my mother sang this song at karaoke and kill it
done in his life - remember "Waterworld"? Actually I like Dolly Parton's original version
better, but you can't den Whitney Houston was born to be a legend. And this is also
the very first time I can actually hear my mother sang this song at karaoke and kill it
in english. That's how I remember this. RIP, Whitney.
4.Enya - The Memory Of Trees
I don't know why the fuck this song can present my 90's memory, but I need to say,
this is my first album my parents got me in CD, not tape. Which is actually pretty
funny 'cuz at the same time my mom also gave me another album as a gift -
Green Day's "Dookie", no wonders I never find the balance between me, myself and I.
And now I just heard this Enya's song, I got the same reaction from LMFAO's "Party
Rock Anthem". Oh god oh god I love trees I love shuffling but please leave me alone.
5. Alanis Morissette - Ironic
Remember when Alanis was the biggest winner on 1996 VMA? Alanis is def one of
the biggest icon for all those cool girls in the school back in the days. You know how
shock I was when my parents play this song in the car (I really don't know what my
parents listening to in general, now they find Adele is kinda boring to them)? "Why she
sounds like this when she sing?" "What's wrong with the old man?". Anyway, I know a lot
of people doesn't like Alanis at all, but you can't deny she was one of very out-spoken
female artist in 90's, also reflect in her songs and real life.
Ok now I'm tired, and yes those are all female. But I'm gay, what you want me to do
anyway? Next time I'll write more of my 90's memories. Oh god I fucking miss 90s!!


No comments:
Post a Comment