Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Origin of LOVE.


I'm excited for this - New Spiritualized's album!! And the video of their song,"


Hey Jane" (from their up-coming new album" Sweet Heart, Sweet Light") just

amazing. I'm also a huge fan of the drag queen culture, and I was lucky to have some of

friends of mine - they're also the drag queens in New York - Cheng, who's also a very

talented fashion designer in the town (Visit him here: www.chuang.me);

and Yuhua Hamasaki (Facebook: Yuhua Hamasaki), to show me around the drag

scene in New York Ci-tay. It was very fascinating. And after I went to see the few drag

shows by myself in Chelsea,I got more into the culture afterward.


But anyway, this video is very interesting and heartbreaking. Acting was good, and the 

images was perfectly fit in with the music. And it also reminds me one of my favorite 

movies of all time - Hedwig and the Angry Inch. 


So this is one of my favorite scene from all the drag queen movie. When Hedwig start 

sining the song, " Origin of love", I just broke down in tear so hard:



Can someone just make a happy drag queen movie like "Priscilla" but broadway 

version? Even that was kinda sad as well. 


"Free your mind in your androgyny", please.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment