Just saw this movie, "Weekend" last night. Simon recommend me. Well, I cried in the
end for sure.
end for sure.
I don't know where to start to talk about how I feel about this movie. But I was moved
by the purity of love in the end. What do you want from love? Some people want a
body to hold in the bed, some people just want a good atmosphere and doesn't care
what gonna happen in the end. Maybe you'll sleep with him or maybe not; maybe after
a few drink and snore some line, you open up for more not only to the one you like,
but to yourself. But in the end, we're just looking for the most basic, most simple thing
from LOVE - the purity. Life if stressful sometime, no matter how hard you try to hide
from your past and those scars, it's always better if there's someone there. You don't
need to make love with love, you just need to accept when it comes. I think that's the
whole image this movie was trying to declare, and did it really well.
whole image this movie was trying to declare, and did it really well.
Also there's one thing I need to mention is one of my favorite artist for the whole time -
John Grant. The ex- lead singer from one of my favorite band as well, The Czars.
There's like no music during the whole movie, but when the song "I want to go to
Mars" come out in the end, with the title of the movie on the screen, my heart just start
melting . There's something about John Grant's voice just absolutely beautiful. It kinda
reminds me of Rufus Wainwright, but a little bit deeper and more sad. I feel like he can
put any of story from other people to his voice, then it gonna come out like he really did
Mars" come out in the end, with the title of the movie on the screen, my heart just start
melting . There's something about John Grant's voice just absolutely beautiful. It kinda
reminds me of Rufus Wainwright, but a little bit deeper and more sad. I feel like he can
put any of story from other people to his voice, then it gonna come out like he really did
experienced it.
Just go check out John Grant and "Weekend". I gonna stop nagging now.
No comments:
Post a Comment